Monday, September 16, 2013

Training for a Spartan Super: Progress is progress

It's been almost a month since the Spartan Sprint and I've been doing pretty well with nutrition and exercising.

However, for some odd reason, I'm slowly craving for something (food) but I can't put my finger on what. I am pretty sure it would be something unhealthy but as soon as I consider it, I'm thinking that I've gone 4 weeks of literally eating clean that why should I cheat?

Another thing that was shared with me was that someone inquired if I was on a diet again. I shook my head and truthfully told them it isn't a diet but decided to change my eating habits as well as changing the way that I exercise.

I'm sitting at my desk and looking at a picture of myself a year ago after hiking up Koko Head trail and I noticed that my stomach is bigger in there regardless of the exercising and running I was doing then because I was eating in "moderation". So, I'm a believer that nutrition plays a vital role if you want to be healthier physically and mentally.

One thing I do regret is not taking a picture of myself one month ago unless I use the picture from my pre-muddy spartan race photo to compare with a current picture. I'll do that and post that up later. But, for now, I'm pretty pleased that I've been able to be consistent and determined.

Nutrition
Water...lots of water (and sometimes I'll add a slice of lemon)
Fruits
Clif protein bars for snacks / recovery
Beef, chicken or pork (baked, boiled or grilled) with herb seasoning
Veggies
Poultry (egg whites)

I believe what made the transition easier is the fact that I've engaged my family into changing our eating habits and they have been supportive of the change in what we eat.

Exercising
I've been basically running 1-3 miles every other day with beginner's crossfit workouts and October I am going to begin the suggested Spartan Super workouts to train that is geared for individuals training to race a Spartan Super.

Continue to keep me in prayer? Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment