Thursday, September 5, 2013

Training for a Spartan Super Training: My Next Level

Determination, perseverance and consistency are the three main words that pushes me as I continue on my journey for the Spartan Super.

I just signed up for the Warrior Dash since it has always been on my fitness bucket list ever since they came to Hawaii in 2012. I'm wishing I could do it for timing but there were a lot of family and friends that were willing to sign up! It's okay-my goal is still the Spartan Super in 2014. 

I've been consistently exercising as well as changing my eating habits as you may have noted in my previous blogs. 

But, I'm preparing for the next level of fitness because all this time, I've only been incorporating what I've done with my former boot camp classes because my trainer's workouts are aligned with Spartan Race workouts. However, I just downloaded the Spartan Race eBook (helloooo, why didn't I do this sooner?!) and they provide a workout plan as well as the philosophy behind Spartan Race.

I love the fact that the Spartan Race is more than just an "obstacle race". It's a lifestyle change, which I've inputted my own perspective to fuel me. It's like my walk with God. To be what God has called me to be and to show my heart is always with Him (like maintaining a healthy lifestyle not just for obstacle racing), I need to prepare myself (daily devotions), plan (read my Bible), and daily exercise (live by speech and actions).

There is no way that you can take a hiatus from either because you'll fall off the wayside (backslide) and that is way more harder to get back on track. Granted, it's doable to return but why do you want to do that when all you have to do is continually maintain physically, mentally and spiritually?

Taking it to the next level. I'm looking forward to what God has in store for me.

Spartan Tough


No comments:

Post a Comment