Thursday, July 11, 2013

Vacation: A time to relax

I'm on a one week vacation while family from out of town is visiting and it is too relaxing. 

My goals for this week was to run, go to the beach and read. I've done all three and I'm now dark. 

Yesterday morning while Dan was out in the water, I sat on the sand reading and looking around. This made me realize that at times, God will tell us to slow down when we are rushing too and fro taking care of our families, working, church ministries, community activities, etc because we don't allow ourselves to catch our breath. 

It was nice to do things without feeling rushed. Next week is another story but I'll focus on right now-enjoying my family and the freedom to dig my toes into the sand and just breathe easily. 




No comments:

Post a Comment