Saturday, March 2, 2013

Home

I'm sitting on an Amtrak train to DC for a day trip and looking out the window. The weather is so bleak yet I see houses.

Ever since I was a child, I would wonder about each house and what a family was doing.

Suburban house means suburban family with everyone eating breakfast at the table and planning out their day around their children's activities...

Apartment or lofts in the city means young adult growing into their career and coming into who they are...

Or you can have the odd yet realistic scenario of:

Suburban family so busy that everyone is basically bypassing one another emotionally and physically trying to cram all sorts of meaningless activities that takes them away from quality time that will build a solid family foundation.

Loft or apartment in the city of a young adult or an older person who may have had the chance for family and a normal sense of life yet chose the corporate ladder of quick advancement and strategic networking that does not accept anything outside your career.

I think this is why I like the movie, Family Man. It brings everything back into perspective on what is truly important in life.

Granted, money and a great career is impressive but it is temporary and fleeting. It leaves you with a sense of uncertainty because there is that chance of losing it all.

But relationships are solid especially when you take the time to build not just with words but on the emotional and spiritual level.

I don't know where this blog is going but I do know that as I look at the passing landscape of homes and cars, I think of my family back at home across the ocean...sleeping and just waiting for me to come home.

And that's the most valuable thing ever that I have been blessed with...love.

1 comment: