Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lourdes


We just celebrated my grandma's 93rd birthday.

This is a woman who just finished sewing patched hawaiian blankets for my sons and shared that my grandson is next to have a blanket.

This is a woman who still loves to accessorize and attends church every Sunday.

This is a woman who still colors her hair.

This is a woman who knows exactly what she wants and makes sure that we will go according to her specifications.

This is a woman who is a big fan of wrestling and will lock her door, so we can't interrupt her.

This is the woman that still gardens and can spy a lizard that is about to eat her orchids...

She is the last of my grandparents that are living.

She is the grandma that has sewed dresses, bags, blankets, and hemmed up pants or skirts.

She is the grandma that lovingly made a scrapbook of all the saints and their stories.

She is the grandma that has such a beautiful story of a young woman who flew across to Hawaii to raise a family with my papa in Ewa Plantation.

If only you knew her life story, which you would find that she lived an amazing life.

She quietly built a legacy that her family see's and acknowledges more than ever of how she loved us and demanded the best of us.

I love this woman so much and am so blessed to have her in my life. I love you, Lourdes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment