Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lead by Example



I have been blessed by God to assist in teaching young children. One of the things that always stick with me is a book by Brett Allen "Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way" is how we are to self-reflect on ourselves in regards to teaching and how we are to minister to the children or youth.

*If you are a person of prayer, they will be too
*If you love evangelism, so will they
*If you love the lost, so will they
*If you see visitors as VIPs, they will too
*If you love God's Word, so will they
*If you are honest and vulnerable, they will be

But...

*If you are critical, they will be too
*If you try to slide by, so will they
*If you look for shortcuts, so will they
*If you lead with manipulation, they will live that way
*If you are dishonest, they will be too

"Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly." James 3:1

Something to think about...

2 comments:

  1. I go through that everyday with my attitude, my words, my actions, the way I speak, the way I dress, the way I treat others while with Chloe. I can say that this little one has been the best thing to keep me accountable for living out my faith and represnting Christ. I asked God to help me be more accountable for him and he gave me a child. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know what you mean especially when you have that thought "Little eyes are watching you". I have been also blessed to have wonderful friends and family who love the Lord sincerely or respect the way we are raising our children. ahhhh...the joys of parenthood and teaching!

    ReplyDelete