Monday, November 12, 2012

Consistent

I'm sitting here after I ate three cinnamon rolls and a half glass of soda.

Yes, you read the intro right-I didn't have a healthy breakfast after my morning workout.

I think it's because my body still goes through the PMS phase despite the fact that I had surgery few years ago because I was having issues with my a non-stop menstrual cycle (I know...TMI)

Anyhow, back to me sitting on the couch and relaxing. I'm seriously contemplating on putting on running shoes this afternoon to go for an afternoon run...just because.

Never did think I would ever share that I love running but I do. Why?

1) It's a stress reliever. You find that as you start running off stress, it helps especially when you realize how far you've ran and you have to turn back to make it back home despite being tired. By the end of that run, you're so relaxed that you will find the stress you had earlier is not as bad as it seems

2) It motivates you to go further than your original goals. Earlier this year, I made it my goal to beat my time in the Great Aloha Run. Guess what? I won't even be in Hawaii because I'll be training in Baltimore from January throughout February! Argh... I'll also miss the Warrior Dash... :(

3) It has you incorporate a healthier lifestyle before you know it because why would you want to maintain a unhealthy lifestyle? Going backwards should never be an option if it means picking up a bad habit again

4) You'll feel great especially if you run in the morning. 1 or 2 miles per day is a great thing to do.

It's been over a year since I've been on a fitness journey. Seems like it is ongoing and I am not looking for it to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment