Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let Go of Negativity


The Webster dictionary defines negative as: lacking positive attributes; unpleasant, gloomy, malicious,to contradict, to be false.

Anyone who knows me, knows that if anyone speaks negative and tells me I can't; it does not do anything but make me push myself and say I can. When you come into the realness that only what God says really matters, then you won't care as much as what people may say or think about you. We all want to be accepted and loved by people, but what happens when they don't accept you and don't love you, are you going to allow how people feel about you, cause you to miss the mark with God?

I realized that I was a person at one time that needed validation because I didn't't get it as a child, and somehow that spread over into my adulthood, until one day my husband told me, I need to stop focusing on what people say, and just listen to what God has already spoken. Who would have known that those very words of wisdom that my husband spoke to me then, would have such an impact now.

Psalm 138: 7-8
Though I walk with in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me.
The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.


A lot of times we hold on to negatively because it has become a part of who we are; although we know it's negative it fills a void and as crazy as it might sound we rather have something their even if it is something negative. God had to free me from this way of thinking, and He showed me that my voids can be filled with things that will bring growth, and prosperity into my life, and I had control of who and what I allowed to be in my life.
We sometimes are in our own way, because we try and do things or fix things that only God can do. Who is holding you up from the promises of God? Who is in your ear whispering negative things? Often times we do not see what God is doing with someone so it causes us to get busy and start putting our two cents in. We have to be very careful of who we allow to speak into our spirit. I don't know about you, but I don't want anyone that's negative speaking anything into me.
If we would just go to God and leave it with Him, we would not be so vulnerable to other's opinions about us. We look for demonic spirits to be something HUGE like murder, but they can also be something big but you don't notice them because they are able to camouflage themselves.
Ask God to do a spiritual inventory on you, you would be surprised what comes up and what lets go once God starts cleaning you out. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, and God is the one who made you; when in doubt ask God and He will lead, direct, and guide you. Be blessed and know that God loves you and so do I.

Jeremiah 33:3
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Written by:
Woodsafehaven Ministry
http://www.calishawoods.com/let_go_of_negativity

No comments:

Post a Comment