Sunday, November 3, 2013

1 of 7: The Color Run (Training for the Spartan Race)

If you've been reading my posts, I've gone on a journey to train for an upcoming Spartan Race ever since I completed a Spartan Sprint back in August.

Well, few weeks ago I realized that because of my enthusiasm and newfound appreciation for races because it will help me along in my journey to be ready for the Spartan, I signed up for races. Not just one or two but SEVEN races. 


My first race is the Color Run, which I signed up prior to the Spartan because I did the Color Run last year and it was fun! Seriously, it is the happiest run on the earth because you're being colored and it's not a competitive race!

I actually created a team with some of my family and we all had fun. The best thing was that they did not mind that I asked them to be ready by 5:00am (the race started at 8:00am).


One thing I realized is that it is great running with family and friends (when you don't have a time that you set for yourself to meet as a personal goal). 
 
What is even better is the fact that they respect and understand if you decide to break ahead in a run and will be waiting for them at the finish line. 


The pictures and memories are priceless especially when we are all making plans to do this again next year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment