Friday, October 28, 2011

Do you deserve it?

Forgiveness...do you deserve it? Do others deserve forgiveness from you because of something they may have done to offend or deeply hurt you? This has been on my thoughts for the past few days because of circumstances beyond our control.

What do we do in these type of situations? Do we lift up our fists and say "HAH! I got you where I want because YOU are so WRONG and I am SO RIGHT"

Who gives us this right that we can do that to others to tear down when we are no better than anyone.

Who gives us the right to throw that stone to make sure they know they have sinned yet we have sinned as well?

We do realize that there is no degree level of sins in eyes of God? Sin is sin...

And while pain and hurt depends on the offense...there is still that part of you that you should have opened to God to ask Him what can you learn from this situation.

Can we be the better person and clearly say, "I forgive you"

Forgiveness doesn't mean that you have to allow the person back in your life or to continue in what they are doing to you. It is standing up and saying that you will no longer have it tie you down with bitterness and that you will be moving on even though it is to distance yourself from the person.

I am not any better than anyone but I do know that I am a child of God who has called me to be a testimony to my family, friends or anyone in this world that I want to make sure I represent God in the best way that I can by abiding by His word on how to treat others.

The hard thing about it when we are so refusing to forgive is the fact that God loves that person just as much as He loves us.

When it is the hardest thing to do...then this is where you need to lean on God...trust in Him...and just ask Him to break your wall and allow yourself to love them according to how God is asking you to love.

It is a hard process but it is a step to freeing yourself from bitterness that will eat at your soul and imprison you to where it will be difficult to break free into becoming who God is calling you to be.

Be the better person and give it over to God.

He > i

No comments:

Post a Comment